Delaney landscaping Ltd
What we are about
A fantastic opportunity has come up with us in Delany Landscaping in the Midlands of Ireland for a General Manager/ Contracts manager to join us on a permanent basis. We have a thriving business and frankly need help in managing our growing client base!
We are passionate believers in working local and most of our work is located in the Midlands and this is a great job for someone who wants to work closer to home and get away from the “big smoke”. This is also an excellent role for someone who is genuinely interested in developing teams. Our summer teams are 15 strong and our winter teams are still 10 strong with plans to grow beyond that.
We work on lots of different projects ranging from sports surfaces to grounds maintenance, and we invest heavily in our machinery to make sure it is top of the range.
Sounds like it could be good for you? Have a read!
What you will be doing
- Everyday management of grounds maintenance and landscaping crews, working with tight-knit teams with excellent work ethic on exciting projects such as sports surfaces
- Liaising with exciting and challenging customers to deliver exemplary service to clients
- Pricing and securing of new contracts to help grow the business
- Responsible for the training and upskilling of the current teams
- Develop and nurture current contracts to help lay the foundations of the business
- Co-ordinating the maintenance of machinery, tools and equipment
- Setting quality & sign off systems in place for grounds maintenance crews
What you need to have to succeed
- Strong experience of similar duties demonstrated in previous roles
- Landscaping background with good technical knowledge essential
- Comfortable working with people and understands the value of soft skills
- Computer literate and fluent in programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic about developing teams and helping them be the best they can be
- Ideally would have truck and trailer licenses
If you are interested in this role and you believe that you are a good match for this role, apply now! We’ll review your application and get back with you as soon as is possible.